Sunday, April 5, 2015

Matching Your Cardstock to Your Images

Hi everyone! Happy April! Were you pranked on April Fool's Day? Or did you prank someone? ;) No pranking for me but I did shifted apartment. Crafting supplies are not fun to pack and unpack. Speaking of unpacking, I think you'll be unpacking new Create A Smile stamp soon! Subscribe to the blog for new release updates!

Anyways, today, I would like to share a soft card with one of my favourite sets in Create A Smile. 





I wanted to share a different layout of floral arrangement you can do with this set. As well as, ideas on matching your coloured images with some custom coloured cardstock.


I started off by stamping my flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black ink because I will be using Copic markers to colour the flowers. This inkpad is very copic friendly.


If you're like me and you're not very good at keep the colouring within the links, take a white pen and just colour over the errors and it'll look perfect.


I've also stamped out some leaves to make the floral arrangement complete. I love the combination of glitters and flowers. I took my ranger stickles and squeeze them to the centers of the flowers. 


This is how the arrangement looks. At this point, I wasn't sure how I was going to complete this card. 


Decided to make some background stripes but I didn't have the cardstock to match, I took the same copic markers and just coloured my cardstock. This is a great way to match your cardstock to your coloured images. You can even have a nice shaded gradient cardstock using Copics.


I cut them into stripes and tuck them in the middle of the card. I wanted it to look even softer. So, I took some vellum and gold embossed my sentiment on it and layered the vellum over the stripes.








Vellum paper is such a great supply to have. I encourage you to get a pack. It's such a great way to soften your background without losing the background itself. Hope that make sense! :) 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Marina

2 comments:

  1. I love those flowers- they are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty ...love how you showed us all the steps.

    ReplyDelete