Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Cheer with a Digi!

Hello again!
Samantha here, and I'm really enjoying making Christmas cards!
Did you see that the Create a Smile Facebook page hit more than 900 likes a few weeks ago? It's so exciting!!! In honor of that milestone, Christine offered up a free Santa Digi!! He's SOOOO cute!! And I knew right away that I had to make a shaker card!


Super fun fact - I just looked this morning, and the Facebook page is now only 5 likes away from 1000! That's so awesome!!


So you know the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' story? In it, it says:

He had a broad face and a little round belly.
That shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly.

That was my inspiration! Literally turn Santa's belly into a shaker card! ha ha!!


I colored the image with copics and then used some circle dies to create his 'belly'! :) Then I cut it all out, and placed it on the white card base. I used 3 different sized sequins to 'shake'! I really love size variety with sequins...and all embellishments, really!



Then I added some chevron details with a stencil and embossing paste! :)



For this card, I didn't need too much! I used the free digi (score!)  and then some sequins, embossing paste and a stencil! Shaker cards usually take me a long time...so I wouldn't mass produce this personally, but it really is a pretty simple card! :) The shaker is all the fun! :) I did add the sentiment with some alpha stickers and then stitched it on! :)


If you don't have embossing paste, you can always add detail to the white base by dry embossing, or even using a patterned paper, of course! 
To avoid having the sequins stick to the edges of the adhesive, I used a paint brush and lots of corn starch on the edges of the foam tape! It works SO well!!! Just brush on the corn starch along all of the edges inside the 'shaker' portion!


You can find this card on the Create a Smile Flickr group! I love sharing cards on Flickr! What's your favorite way to share your cards? Did you say Pinterest? Oh, Create a Smile has that too!!


Thanks again!

4 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely adorable and super creative! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW awesome Samantha what a clever idea to make a shaker card with this Santa.

    ReplyDelete