Friday, October 24, 2014

Create Your Own Background + a Layout!

Hello and happy Friday!
Samantha M here, and today I have a super FUN and funky scrapbook layout to share! :)

This month we're using the incredible WOW embossing powders, and they are amazing!!


I actually used the Opaque Pastel Yellow embossing powder to add color to my wood veneers, on my layout! Check it out:


There's so much going on in this layout - and that was my point! My littlest, little Mann had a horrible hair cut...and ever since, we've been trying to grow it out, but it's just...hilarious!! Ha! I can't help but laugh at it, and it's different everyday! But one thing is the same: it's some bad hair days!! Ha!

I used the super cute cockatoo image from Jungle Fever to create the background of my layout. I tell call my little Mann, by baby cockatoo because of his hair! :D
I stamped him randomly on the white background, and then used some distress markers and water to watercolor in some birds, in some areas, and to create pools of watercolor in some areas. i LOVE how it looks! It's hard to tell, but there are also splatters of the yellow, too!


I used washi tape to ground the photos, and then combined the Penguin Party and Whimsical Wheels stamp sets for the speech bubble! I used a combination of Thickers for the title, and then used my sewing machine to stitch them in place!


I also stamped the tiny, adorable arrow from teh Fur Alle Falle stamp set, and did some journalling underneath! :)

So that's my layout - a little cooky...but then again, so is that hair!! Ha! :)

Don't forget, there's still time to play along for your chance to be the December Guest Designer! There are only 3 enteries so far!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
So, your chances are awesome!!


Thanks again!
~Samantha M

1 comment:

  1. Truly awesome! Love seeing the scrapbook pages with the adorable stamps! Beautiful job, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete